Saturday 8 July 2017

Gilding flakes tags

Hi All,
Today I would like to share with you birthday tags I made for Imagine Design Create.
 Imagine Design Create, site logo.


How to do it:
1. You need 2 tags shape card. Available online from IDC here.
2. Firstly add colour using distress inks. I used two different shades on each tag.
 To achieve a bleach effect spray lightly with water and dab the surface with a kitchen towel/tissue.
3. Now... let's do the stamping with Tonic Nuvo Gilding flakes.
4. You need a gilding glue. I use cosmic flake&glitter glue.
5. To stamp with the glue squeeze a small amount onto your glass mat. Use a small sponge( make up sponge) and dab the stamp. This glue is extra sticky and super quick bonding so you need to quick when stamping, otherwise you will peel the paper.
You cannot see stamped image.! so do not touch the surface. Apply a pinch of gilding flakes onto the stamped image.
Trust me,  try not to breath too much while doing that ! LOL
Flakes goes everywhere!
To reveal the image scrub the surface. I cut the washing up sponge and used the rough side, works like magic and it is cheap.
I stamp 'Happy Birthday' sentiment from the Birthday Balloons Large set. I also stamped few small balloons from the same stamp set with gilding glue and applied flakes.

6. To finish I stamped one of my favorite bubble border from the Abstract Border Lines Stamps, randomly using the same distress inks in the background. I would advise to do that before gilding stamping but I simply forgot.

7. Mat onto the black card and tags are ready.

 Hugs,

Kasia

1 comment:

Honey Bee stamp - adventure awaits

Hello everyone, Today I have a step by step tutorial how I created this adventure await tag. I used the tim holtz mixed media tag...